Foundation level, Introduction to Curative Hypnotherapy and LCH.
Before you begin the Practical Course, we ask you to devote a couple of hours each week to home study. The Introductory (Homestudy) Section consists of a total of seven modules which cover the basic knowledge underpinning Curative Hypnotherapy. Such as:-
- How the subconscious works.
- The different functions of the Conscious and Subconscious parts of the mind.
- How and why symptom suppression creates further problems.
- Encouraging you to look logically at some previously accepted theories.
- full syllabus – see tab below
1. Guidance & Assessment …
Guidance & Assessment
To ensure you gain maximum advantage from the Introductory Section, a written assignment is requested at the end of each module and individual feedback is provided along with any other guidance or comment that may be of use to you as you progress through the course, and the next module is then sent on to you.
2. Outcome & Purpose …
Outcome & Purpose
This foundation section not only guides you towards and understanding of the role and function of the subconscious and how LCH treatment works, but is also useful to the tutors who can gauge your current understanding, experience and way of thinking and thus provide more specifically tailored information on the Practical Course.
This Introductory Section can be used as a stand-alone course for those who do not wish to proceed to practitioner training but have an interest in what makes people ‘tick’ and the power of the subconscious mind to create various symptoms and conditions. There is no obligation to proceed to professional qualification.
3. Timing …[more]…
- The Introductory Section can be commenced at any time; start as soon as you are ready.
- There is no specific time-span to this section of the course; it can comfortably be completed in 2-3 months, however some people have preferred to take considerably longer.
- While it is possible to undertake the Introductory and practical sections concurrently, we recommend that the Introductory Section be completed before commencing the Practical Course.
- Once the Introductory Section is completed, it need not be done again – so if you decided or needed to attend a Practical Course several months (or even years) after completing this section, your submissions would still be valid and still useful to you and to your tutors.
4. SYLLABUS ……
Syllabus for Introductory (Homestudy) Section
- Hypnosis – what it is, how it can be used in therapy
- Who can be hypnotised
- How various methods of hypnosis aims to treat mental, emotional, behavioural and physical symptoms
- Importance of treating the ‘why’ not just the ‘when’
- Roles of the Conscious and Subconscious
- Subconscious-based physical effects, reactions and conditions
- The applicability in LCH of:
- Personality types
- Initial Sensitising Event
- Behaviour Modification (e.g. NLP, CBT)
- Symptom Suppression (e.g. scripts, EFT, suggestion)
- Regression, recall and the function of memory
- Subconscious reactions – Fight, Flight or Freeze
- Confirmation Bias
- Targeted questions, language precision, assumptions and preconceptions
- Brain vs Mind
- Roles and relevance of emotions and feelings
- How the subconscious links and uses information to create symptoms
Please contact us so that we can discuss your individual situation.
*=Recognised qualifications are those accepted by the National Hypnotherapy Society, Hypnotherapy Association and/or the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council