Hypnosis itself is simply a tool – it can be used in many different ways:
- Most courses will teach you the basic uses (to improve sleep, relaxation and confidence for example).
- Some will teach you how to use Suggestion techniques and how to write scripts so that you can provide symptom relief for specific problems (such as weight loss, anxiety or phobias).
- Some go further, widening your skill-base to include other techniques (counselling, psychology, NLP, EFT and/or Ericksonian methods for example) enabling the patient to better understand, manage or learn to live with their condition.
- Alternatively, the teachings may go in the opposite direction; rather than various ways of working with individual symptoms, training you instead in how to look for the triggers and/or the start of the suffering and to work with the Initial Sensitising Event (ISE).
- Such symptom treatment, behaviour modification or work with ISEs can be of immense help to some people, but they focus on the ‘what’ (symptom) or the ‘when’ (first experience of a symptom) which leaves the ‘why’ untouched, resulting in the possibility of the symptom returning at some point.
While all these methods have their place, for those who suffer chronic conditions or who wish a more long-lasting result to their treatment, LCH enables you to identify WHY a person has reacted to past experiences by suffering some condition or symptom. Correcting the actual Causal Reason means it cannot create further effects or symptoms at some other point – if the cause is not corrected it still exists to create future problems.
No therapist can possibly know all the experiences of the patient. Only the person with the problem can have this information, and Lesserian™ Curative Hypnotherapy aims to identify this, so that it can be corrected and its effects permanently disposed of.